Great as starters to serve at a dinnerparty or a kids birthday party. These crispy treat is fit to be served as a gourmet food in any good restaurant. Children just love the texture and never seem to get tired of eating it. And it's a great vegan option free from allergens, a delicious allergen free treat that you can serve and enjoy at all occasions.
Ditch the pakoras ad try serving these delicious and crispy Falafels as starters, which are a craze all over the world. Slightly cumbersome to make at home, but free from allergens, this is a great treat for one and all.
Wonderfully easy to make, and highly addictive, these eggplant fritters are a great option for snack, starters or for the lunch box. Best of all free from allergens!
This nut free pesto is an allergen free, made from sunflower seeds and dairy-free cheese. To get a vibrant green colour and flavour add the basil at the very end instead of blending everything all at once. Serve as a dip to your starters.
If the chutneys were to be crowned, the Queen’s crown would sit on this head. You can serve this green chutney with any of your allergen free starters or snacks.
Hummus is a delicious spread or dip made from chickpeas, tahini, lemon, and spices, and is an integral part of the Mediterranean diet. Try making this allergen free version and serve as a side to starters
1. Wash and wipe each okra and trim both ends. Quarter them lengthwise.
2. Now sprinkle, chili powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and dried mango powder and mix well so that the okra is coated well with all the spices.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
4. Now sprinkle the gram flour on the okra and add the salt. If you feel the mixture is too dry and the spices are not sticking to the gram flour, sprinkle some water.
5. Once the oil is very hot add the okra. Fry a couple and check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
6. Fry it in batches till it's crispy.
7. Remove it and keep on the kitchen towel so that the excess oil is absorbed.
8. Serve hot, by sprinkling chaat masala on top.
Prep time : 15min
Cook time : 30 min
Yield: Serves 4
750 gm Okra cut lengthwise
3 Tbsp. gram flour
1 tsp. red chili powder
1 tsp. garam masala powder
½ tsp. dried mango powder
½ tsp. coriander powder
½ tsp. cumin powder
½ tsp. chaat masala (optional)
Oil for frying
Make sure Okra is completely dry before cutting it lengthwise, and put salt right in the end, to ensure that it comes out super crispy after frying