This carrot and sweet potato soup with subtle flavours and sweetness is packed with goodness and is a great source of vitamins A, C, potassium, beta carotene, copper, and manganese.
RECIPE FOR SWEET POTATO & CARROT SOUP
1. Heat oven to 220C and put the sweet potatoes and carrots in an oven proof pan, brush them olive oil and sprinkle, pepper, cumin powder and sea salt
2. Roast the veg in the oven for 25-30 min or until caramelized and tender.
3. While the veggies are in the oven, heat a saucepan, add olive oil and add crushed garlic. When it’s slightly brown and you get the nice aroma from it, now add the chopped ginger, turmeric and sauté for a minute. Finally add the onion and cook over a medium-low heat until transparent
4. Add the stock and let it simmer for 5-10 min until the onions are very soft, then set aside.
5. Now remove your roasted wedges, let it cool, and then transfer it to the saucepan. Use a hand blender to process until smooth.
6. Taste to adjust the seasoning. Reheat it, when it’s ready to be served.
7. Serve with a dash of coconut cream.
Prep time:10 min
Cook time: 35 min
Yield: Serves 4
500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
300g carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 Onions, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
I tbsp. of ginger finely chopped
1 tsp of fresh turmeric
1l vegetable /chicken stock
Coconut cream to serve (optional)